OSX support is currently in the alpha stage. The library and applications compile and appear to function correctly. Work is still being done for certain applications as well as the build environment.
This page describes build and installation under the following environments.
Building and Installing in OSX using Jam
NOTE Jam is current not working under OS X
Building and Installing in OSX using GNU make
This first step is to install the OS X developer tools (Xcode Tools) that are found on the installation media or at http://connect.apple.com
if compiling the documentation and install subversion for direct access to the repository.
The following procedure will build and install the GPSTk using recent, standard GNU build tools. The build has been successfully tested using the following:
| Xtools under Leopard (10.5) |
| GPSTk 1.5 or greater (currently only in subversion) |
The following procedure will build and install the GPSTK.
- Ensure that Xtools, have been installed.
- Download the GPSTk distribution.
- Extract the GPSTk tarball. For example, using GNU tar
tar xvzf gpstk.tar.gz or download the code from subversion as described on the download page.
- Change into the gpstk/dev directory (if using Subversion) or the gpstk/ directory (if using the tarball) and execute these commands:
- To build the library documentation using doxygen: